Cooking with Mom

     Eating is one of the things that we love to do and every weekend, it has become a ritual to cook homemade food and just chow and chow. One of the 'few' specialties (of my parents) is siomai or siew mai (as what my chinese friend have quoted). It's always either 1 of my parents would initiatively go to the market or grocery and pick-up every ingredient they want. They're no master chef but they see to it that the food that goes in our stomach is healthy (well, as for me I'm a carnivore). Out of that raw siomai, they can also produce meatballs which they often include in spaghettis, soups, etc.


Then afterwards, my mom decided to make leche flan. Unfortunately, she has forgotten how to do it because it's been a while since she last made one and I think it's her lucky day too, the cook book was gone. So, she decided to cook with her instincts. Another set of luckyness struck when she ran out of brown sugar and evaporated milk, no choice, she has to go with the white sugar and condensed milk. If it was a bingo game, I think she would've gotten a BINGO! But no, and the final product was alright, although if I would rate it from 1-5, it would be a 3. I can give another 0.5 for the effort :P



While cooking, she was bugging me to take her some photos, I know it's just a simple task to make her happy and make her stop. I went upstairs and grabbed my cam and after the cooking process, I made her a collage (I'm too lazy to upload a bunch of photos, that's why).


Side Note: Residents of the Philippines and New York, hang on tight and take care. Pray! Pray! Pray! God bless you all!

PEACE! <3

0 comments: