Death by Yabu

     One of my mental friends who loves to text me in the middle of nowhere and in no time like I'm some kind of an immortal person with considerably no life, was around the vicinity. So being the ever good friend that I am, I responded and told her i'd be there in no time. I was late for nearly an hour, but of course, she didn't get mad, also, being the mental that she is. I was thrown the usual question of my ever great mental friends, 'where in the world are we going to eat?'. Unfortunately, this time, I had something yummy to blurt out: YABU.




     Contrary to what other people who have not set foot (even in front of the resto just to take a glance over the menu) in Yabu, they actually offer not only pork dishes, miso soup and sake, but also, chicken and seafood. As what the name of the restaurant implies, KATSU, so yes, their specialty is both the tonkatsu and katsudon.




     The sets regardless of the dish, is served with unlimited japanese rice (your choice of white or brown), miso soup, japanese pickles, little bowl of fruits (watermelon and pineapple), and lastly, cabbage with your choice of dressing.


     Beforehand, you will be served a bowl of sesame seeds which you need to grind yourself. Once done, all you have to do is put the sauce, and voila! You have your own sauce, which could not have been successfully made if it wasn't for your own sweat and blood.


     Another thing that I like about Yabu's sets is that you can choose from different weight variants. So if you want something lighter or heavier, you can always check out the offered weights which could differ depending on the dish set.

     I, personally wanted to try the Kurobuta Premium Set, which is tagged at 575php, but I just decided to go for something that has a bang-for-the-buck effect. Hence, I opted for the Rosu Set (120 grams). My companions who carry a great length of intestines, went for the Dory Curry and Yabu Special Katsudon Set.


    Since the house is offering unlimited everything, except for the main dish, then I'll just rate it based on the rounds that I had.



     That was my 3rd round. My mistake was to savour the fresh, cold water in front of me. Oh well, note to self, then.

     I wasn't able to finish the katsu, and so, I had it wrapped up and ended the night with my friends over a London Fog tea.

     The rainy season is taking over. Chill! :)

0 comments: